Friday, December 01, 2006

Library and Okie-Doke

(See it from the Okie-Doke's Point of View, here.)

I grabbed a holo book. Amazing. I had been looking for some time for this one. “Mindtricking Droids” Simply amazing. I knew this was going to be some help, I sat down at a table, and began to leaf through the pages.

“Congratulations on the Mastership,” a voice of my past said.

I looked up at him, and closed my book, “You don’t really mean that of course. Its something you’re forced to say since I am a master now.”

His mouth was agape, “Erifia, that’s hardly the case. I’m truly happy for ya’ll.”

“Happiness is an emotion,” I responded coolly, “Did I not have a belting out with you at the council? But, thank you.”

“It must please ya’ll to be a master now. Ya’ll deserve it,” he ignored the bite of my previous answer.

“Yes it does please me to be a master. I can now make changes to the code, or train other masters to teach about emotion.”

“You ain’t serious are ya? Ya’ll can’t honestly think ya could do-“ he didn’t finish his sentence.

“Of course I’m serious. There needs to be some changes around here, or we are all going to die. It may take many years after my death for things to finally be right, but changes must be made. Tradition doesn’t always work. Tradition needs to change with time.”

He shook his head in disapproval, “Those things will never change, here Erifia. No matter how hard ya’ll try. It’s our way, and our way doesn’t need to change.”

I smiled at him, as I stood, revealing my dancer outfit that was previously buried by the table. I walked to the nearest bookshelf, and put my book back. I walked back over and sat down, “Your way, as in the council?”

He wanted to protest my outfit, and that made me smile even more, “The way, as in the Jedi way. My way, everyone elses way, and should be ya’ll’s way.”

“How many people have you killed?” I asked him, bringing my soft blue eyes to look at his, I blinked them heavily. Becca had taught me a thing or two.

“I don’t keep score,” he responded, by crossing his arms over his chest.

That’s exactly what I wanted him to say, “Don’t keep score or lost count, I dare you to ask me the same question.”

He didn’t want to ask, and my smile brightened even further, “How many, Erifia?”

My response was simple, “None. Not one single sentient being, I’ve killed beasts, and I’ve hurt people. But I’ve never killed anything possessing a true soul. So, the question is who has gone off course of the code, and who has not?”

He rubbed his chin, “I have never killed anyone out of revenge or spite. Some things can not be helped in battle when a blaster is in ya’lls face,” he stared at me, “But I am impressed that you have never killed.”

“Reflect blasts, and cut the gun. Force push them into the ground lock them in plasma bracers,” I winked at him and blew a kiss to him as he stared into my eyes. I hadn’t done it as nothing more than to break his concentration.

“One on one maybe…” he waved his hand, “That’s the point of this, Erifia? Are you trying to make me feel bad for killing? You act like I have no feelings at all. I don’t like hurting anyone.”

“No. I am just trying to illustrate a point. And as far as I am concerned, Okie-Doke Kablokey, you have no emotions. And I believe you don’t like hurting anyone. That much I know for a fact.”
I grabbed his hands, because I thought I had hurt him. I kissed them softly. Not of anything more than comfort. I had crossed the line, now I was trying to make up for it.

He smiled, “You are going to be the death of me, ya’ll know that?” he patted my cheek, I think that was affectionate; or supposed to be.

“I crossed the line, I am sorry. But I am not ceasing on any of what I want to do, and if you are going to oppose me, then oppose me. I will not change my mind.”

If you'll Excuse me, I feel awkward,

Hugs and Kisses,
Erifia Apoc

6 Comments:

Blogger Master Obi-Wan said...

You will be death of me. You and Anakin, Phobia, DJK...

12:33 PM  
Blogger Skywalker said...

Get a room for Force sake! I kid! You know, I though I had a fan club full of girls! Go, Obi! *snerk*

12:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ANAKIN! You are alwful, where do you get that from?

12:51 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I love the accent, y'hear?

2:37 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Obiwan is a big fan of NASAcar, isn't he?

3:49 PM  
Blogger Phobia said...

*waps Anakin* why don't you go and work on improving the speeder engines or something? Leave Obi alone..

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home