Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Guest Poster - Padawan Erifia [Topic - Don't shoot me.]

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

At the end of the first week, I somehow, a young girl, had been accepted among them. There was no question as to whether I was one of them or not. I didn’t understand. I hadn’t done anything to earn their respect.

I went to bed early every night, and woke up in the same fashion every morning. The runs in the morning started to seem like nothing. The pushups after the runs seemed like nothing.

I woke in the morning; it marked one week since the first day I had arrived. In the morning at reveille they took us into the weapon training building. One by one we were separated and there were shots fired, I was terrified at first, but when the soldier exited with a gun I wasn’t as scared.

I waited for my turn, and I entered. They handed me a blaster pistol. There were many, many other guns, but they handed me that one. I looked down range, there was a droid. It was marked with red where would be the most effective place to kill a person.

I took my time and I aimed at its head, it took me thirty seconds, but finally I fired. Its head exploded. The drill sergeant looked at me, and said, “Private Apoc; That was a hard shot to do, how often have you shot a blaster?”

“Never before sir. I don’t like guns.” He was taken back by my comment, and I nodded so he would know I meant it. He walked around, and he withdrew a very long rifle. He handed it to me.

“This is a GAR Sniper Rifle DLT-19 Modified Heavy Blaster Rifle. Modified so that it’s a sniper rifle permanently. Enhanced with the most advanced technology, it can fire a shot that has potency up to three miles.” When he handed it to me it was much lighter than I imagined. I held it up. My aim shook, but I took a deep breath, and it steadied the rifle. I looked, I couldn’t even see the target. I looked through the scope; even within in the scope it looked small.

I could make out two things, the tiny head, and the chest. I aimed, taking my time. I paused, and squeezed the trigger, as the blast went out it kicked and knocked me onto the ground. I looked down; scared I had done something wrong. I heard beeping, and then a push of air.

“Private Apoc,” he said firmly. I rose, there was scolding in his voice, “You hit him in the nose.” I looked up to him, “I’m sorry, sir.”

“Don’t apologize to me Private!” I nodded, “Yessir.” He pointed to the door, “Dismissed Private, report to your company!”

I exited the room, and the men in my company laughed at me? Maybe. “Hey Tri’lek girl, that gun must be intimidated, it’s never been manhandled by something smaller than it.”

The men laughed and nudged me.

I shrunk in on myself. I don’t get it, why were they laughing at me, and showing affection by elbowing me in the side?

If you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a thirteen mile run and hundreds of pushups,

Hugs and Kisses,
Erifia Apoc

4 Comments:

Blogger Skywalker said...

It's a man thing. We joke.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got that crap too. I gott hings like, 'That's a big lightsaber you got there. Never seen girl with one so big big before.' *winkwink* Really? What is that crap?

2:00 PM  
Blogger Master Obi-Wan said...

Sad to hear they were picking on you. People do that, dear.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I'm sure you'll get your revenge.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home