Monday, July 27, 2009

I've paid my dues

Let's have a discussion. Just you and I. I'm going to name two situations, and you're going to pick one of those that you most prefer or would most prefer. So let's begin.

1a. You work at a job, it's thankless, and you don't get noticed. All of your life you've trained for all your life. At first you thought it was rewarding. But the pay is minimal, and you're in danger everyday of your life.
1b. You have a job, people appreciate you all the time, you do the work, get it done, get out. You get paid well. You don't have to be in danger most all of your day.

2a. You're surrounded by people, some of them friends, most of them dislike you because you're not like them. You're not better then them, not by a longshot. But you're unique. Most everyone dislikes that. You however have used it.
2b. You're surrounded by people, who make you happy, you get to laugh, have a good time, you don't have to stand on airs to tiptoe around. Pretend to be something you're not.

3a. You make 10,000$ a year.
3b. You make 1,000,000$ a year.

4a. You get pestered to do the same thing over and over again.
4b. Each day is something different.

5a. Sometimes the work you do is noble, most of the time, you disagree with the doctorine and logic guiding it.
5b. What you do is what you do and there is no moral dilemma attached.

If you've answered A to any of those questions, we need to have a talk. I got a sweet gig away from the Jedi Temple. It was great, I got paid well, I didn't have to pretend to be something I'm not. I missed my friends and "loved ones" (Which I'm not supposed to have, Love is weakness, remember) But I made new friends. Friends who are just as cool as the old ones.

Imagine walking into the local cantina and seeing your face on a missing poster.

Imagine seeing the person who is looking for you is your sidekick who didn't get the hint that she was to shoot off on her own and become a hero.

Imagine how upset you get when you realize how much things have changed, but how things are still the same.

I'm back on Kashyyk. I was to have a meeting with Grand Master Yoda, and it went, okay. He is taking me back into the order... So in the long run...

I chose A.

If you'll excuse me, I got a lot of time missed to catch up on,
Hugs and Kisses,
Erifia Apoc.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I answered 'A' on all of them. Good to see you Erifia.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://erifiaapoc.blogspot.com/

6:27 AM  
Anonymous anna said...

always A Erifia no other choice is worth losing a friend like you again! ia ann

ps your still missing just like Barriss! What up with that?

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home