Saturday, November 04, 2006

Guest Poster - Padawan Erifia [Topic: When I was Young]

I am Erifia Apoc, a Jedi Master, and a Republic Spy, but I wasn’t always so. I once was a padawan, naïve and young.

- - - - - - -

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

“I’ve got the flag!” Someone yelled, I didn’t know who it was. I just knew that I was nearby. I heard them running, their feet pounding the soft holo ground, and then they hit the creek, the creek is nearby. They were using the force! That was cheating!

I stepped out from behind the tree, and force shoved them into the ground, and I grabbed the flag, and touched their flailing arm. I hadn’t meant to hurt Ecnarb but he was cheating. I ran the flag back.

I stuck strong against the trees, and I returned the flag. Obi-Wan was there, and he smiled when he saw I returned the flag, “Good Job, Erifia.”

I smiled softly at him, and I began my quick trek back to the red side. I stuck up against the trees, and I traveled through the bushes. When I arrived at the other end, I had to look for their flag.

That was the hard part, and since Aayla was hiding it, she would hid it with specific purpose so I would never find it. It was true. She knew me, she studied me. I caught her a couple times. I didn’t understand what the big deal was, I was nothing special. I stayed to myself, except when Barriss and I worked on our studies together, or when Obi-Wan came to see me.

He did that a lot. Came to me at night, crying. It was hard to take, for me at least, I’m eleven, and he’s sixteen, and so cute. So cute… But Aayla hurt him a lot… She’s fourteen. She’s a lot older then me.

I could never compete for his love. The flag was hidden in the big bush, in middle of the clearing. I could see its bright red colors from where I stood, the night was like the day, and I could see everyone around me.

I was clear, no one was there, and the only light of the holo moon left me a dark line right up to the bush, and I followed it hanging in tightly to it. About halfway through the clearing, someone punched me in the back of the head, and I fell to the ground writhing in pain.

It was Aayla, I recognized the fist. I turned over and I looked at her, “I caught you, tri’lek.” I nodded solemnly and I stood and began my trek towards jail. It wasn’t long before their team won. Aayla did everything she could to stop me. Why did she hate me so much?

I left the game early that night, and with my leaving my team gave up. I couldn’t be such a vital player in the team? Could I? Was I? I went to the showers. Other girls came in. I left without my shower. I went to my room, and I looked at the picture of my mother laying on my headboard. I reached out for her, and realized she was just a picture. I leaned against the wall, and my head rested against it.

I began to cry. Sometimes I wonder if it would be easier to quit being a jedi. Is it really worth it? Couldn’t I quit? I was going to, it wasn’t worth it. Aayla beats me everyday, its not worth it; no-one ever believes except Master Gerith. Quinlan Vos has them all wrapped around his finger. I can’t even hate Aayla as much as I hate him!

I packed my clothes. I packed everything I cared about, and the last thing I put in was the picture of my mother. I ran out of dorms, and I ran out of the temple. I was never going back there. Never ever. No-one could make me!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you've tried several times to get me to play that game. I just don't undersand why someone has to hurt someone else just to keep them away from the flag. It's not like anyone going die.

By the way have you finished your class work for tomorrow?

1:54 AM  
Blogger Padawan Erifia said...

Uh-huh. I left it in our secret spot in case you need to copy.

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't need to copy Erifia, but I did read yours over once and your information is incomplete. And I didn't know that the poppulation of Tattoonie was 10,000,000,000 people per mile. (and yes those are your own words)

2:04 AM  
Blogger Padawan Erifia said...

Hey, animals are people too.

2:06 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

We were all young and naive once.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Nepharia said...

This sounds like quit a rough game for Jedi -- wish they had played it when I was at the Temple.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home