Sunday, January 14, 2007

Who sent me that dress? (With posts from you!)

Someone had sent me a dress, and now it was time to find out who. I wore this wonderful amazing dress… I cannot even begin to describe how silky, how soft, how fitting… This dress was perhaps the best piece of clothing I own, and I plan on wearing it a lot more.



I had no leads so I decided to go to anyone who I had seen in the past couple days and had been acting weird. The first on my list was Jedi Phobia. I was recently at her 50 something or the other party. I was late, and I stayed quiet and I didn’t make myself as well known as I could have.

I wished her a happy 50th whatever it was. But she was acting strange at the party. Naturally she’s the one who got the dress for me.

I knocked on her door, she answered, “Something wrong Erifia?”

I stormed in, “Well I guess you can tall me that.”

“What are you talking about?” she asked.

“The dress! I know you sent it!”

She held on the doorframe as if she was guilty and didn’t want to tell me so, “Look,” she said firmly, “I have no clue what you are talking about, but I did not send you that dress!”

“Oh really?” I inquired, “It seems like something you would pick out… But I have to ask, how did you know my dress size?”

“Look,” she said in a demeaning tone, “Believe whatever you want, I didn’t send you that dress, and I would really appreciate it if you’d go hunt elsewhere… I would love to stand here and chat, by my stomach is about to come back up at any second.”

She was green in the face, and she ran towards the bathroom.

I sighed heavily, that got me nowhere. I decided that it would be best to question the Chosen one, who Chose a great dress for me! I went seeking for him, and I found him trying to sneak out of the temple.

I backed Ani into a corner. I jumped from the dark wearing my brand new wonderful dress.

“Whoa!” He tried not to yell, “Never sneak up on a man trying to sneak somewhere!”

“You like the adrenaline rush, Ani,” I said making myself fully visible.

He raised his eyebrow, “What are you wearing?”

“You know!” I said, “You sent it to me!”

He looked confused, good act, “I sent that? Funny I don’t remember doing that.”

“But you did,” I responded.

“Have you forgot about,” he mouthed the word ‘Padme’, “ I don’t think she’ll like me sending dresses to other ladies.”

“Awww…” I said, “You called me a lady… You sure it wasn’t you, Ani? It’s your style.”

He smiled, “My style?” He giggled, “I don’t wear dresses, E to the A, my butt looks fat in them.”

I laughed, “Funny, very funny… Are you sure it wasn’t you?”

He gave me an undeniable look of honestly, “No, I didn’t but whoever did picked the perfect dress for you.”

“Cute and charming, lucky you know who…” I kissed his cheek, and vanished back into the shadows.

I still had another stop to make. Obi-Wan had been acting standoffish from me. I think maybe he was finally starting to become attracted to me.

“It was you!” I screamed at him, “Wasn’t it?!” I said as I saw him and I got up close to him.

“It was me, what?” He asked.

“This dress! You sent it to me, didn’t you?” I responded.

“Why would I do this?” He asked stepping back from me.

"You always want me to cover up, Obi-Wan. This does cover most of me, and I know you well enough to know you never send me something that covered me up completely because you know I would NEVER wear it but you would by me something that would cover most of me knowing I would wear it." I said firmly, pushing out my chest, letting him see my full body.

“Why would I send you a dress?”

“That’s the question isn’t it, Obi-Wan? Why would you?” I said with anger.

“I just asked you that!” He said frusterated.

“Well, if I knew that I wouldn’t be here asking you!”

He shook his head, “I did not send you the dress.”

“I think you did, I think you saw it and wanted to see how I would look in it,” I smiled at him, and held my hand underneath my lekkus, and wrapped my arm around my back greatly accentuating my chest, “Do you like?”

He looked away, “It’s very nice.”

“Nice?” I asked keenly, “Its beautiful! Look at it! Say it, Obi-Wan… B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.”

“You hardly need to spell it, Erifia.”

“Say it! Be a man! Say it!”

“He threw up his arms! “All right! It’s Beautiful! You looke Beautiful in it! Are you happy?”

“Yup,” I responded with a bright smile and I kissed his cheek.

Okay, so it wasn’t Obi-Wan…

I also checked with Jon, Intergalatic Gladiator, Private Hudson, Captain Jean Luc Picard, Professor X, or D'Ice.

And it wasn’t the obvious, Obi-Wan, Ani, or Phobia.

I finally gave up. I moped into the kitchen, and I sat down at the table. I laid my head on the table.

“I just wanted to thank them… This was the nicest gift I ever have received.”

Tears filled my eyes, and I sobbed softly, “Hey Effie,” said a familiar voice. I heard a plate hit the table, and I looked up. NandeHi was standing there, she set a plate of coconut cream pie on the table. My favorite…

She set a glass of milk down next to it, and I looked up.

“Now what’s got you so worked up, Effie? I haven’t seen you cry for a long time.”

I wiped away my tears and I smiled, “Thank you Momma Nan.”

I picked up a fork and I began to eat the pie.

“You’re dodging the question, Effie… Don’t make me get a wooden spoon.”

I laughed at myself, “I’m just a silly, stupid girl, that’s why I’m crying…”

“Tell me…”

“This dress, this magnificent, wonderful, amazing, sweet, silky, smooth, beautiful, stunning, astounding, accentuating, curve-enhancing, cool, dress.”

“It looks good on you.”

“Thanks… I went trying to find who sent it to me…”

“Eat your favorite,” Nan said to me, “It’ll make you feel better.”

I got another fork full, and shoveled it into my mouth, it was so wonderful, it was nice and cool.

“Let me make you a sandwich, you look thin…”

I sighed heavily, “Momma Nan…”

“You’ll eat you desert, eat this sandwich, then eat another slice of pie.”

“Nan…”

“I’ll get the wooden spoon.”

“Yes mam,” I said.

I ate the pie, she set a sandwich in front of me. She was talking about the padawans, and the knights, and the younglings, and everyone in the temple. It was good to spend time with her, I don’t often have time to spend at the temple with Momma Nan.

After I finished the pie, I drank the glass of milk. I sighed, my belly was sticking out in the dress. I sighed, and she smacked my hand with the wooden spoon.

“That’s you problem Effie, you don’t eat enough. You better start eating more, or I’ll come after you.”

“How do you know I haven’t been eating enough?”

“Your dress size is the same as when you were eighteen.”

I dropped my fork and looked at her, “You mean…”

“Yeah, I made you the dress Effie… I figured you’re always trying to catch Obi’s eye, that dress would do it.”

My hands shook with excitement, I leapt from the table and jumped onto her, and I hugged her tightly to me. “Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!”

She laughed, “Did it work?”

“Yes, he said I was beautiful…”

“Good,” she said pushing me away gently to pinch my cheek, “He needs a good woman, you need a man… Maybe one day…”

I kissed her cheek, “Thank you so much Momma Nan…”

“You can thank me by eating more, and eating in my kitchen more, late at night so we can talk.”

“Yes, I will, sorry…”

She hugged me and said, “Now go, you’ve been wearing that since you got it, two days ago, go wash it, wash yourself, be sure to clean under those lekkus.”

“Yes mam!”

If you’ll excuse me, I have orders to follow,

Hugs and kisses, (for Nan!)
Erifia Apoc

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww how sweet

11:08 PM  
Blogger Phobia said...

For what it's worth.. I'm sorry I snapped, but I am still under the weather from that drink.. and what worries me is who would be bold enough to try something as such?

*hugs* glad you found who really did send you that dress

11:09 PM  
Blogger Phobia said...

For what's it worth I'm sorry I snapped. But I am still under the weather and I'm worried about who would do such a thing.. *hugs* I am glad that you found out who sent you that dress though

11:14 PM  
Blogger Phobia said...

For what's it worth I'm sorry I snapped. But I am still under the weather and I'm worried about who would do such a thing.. *hugs* I am glad that you found out who sent you that dress though

11:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Skywalker said...

I told you it wasnt me! Sweet, Nan, what a lady!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Master Obi-Wan said...

Nan is one of a kind. *bows*

11:27 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I am so glad that you like it! Brings me such joy that you would wear it. :)

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice out fit
Nan could you make me one :)

I had to ask that was just a great outfit

3:11 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Nice dress, though you'd look good in just about anything, I imagine.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

She has good taste. That is a mighty fine dress. At least it is when you wear it.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home