Saturday, December 30, 2006

Development of a Philosophy: Part 1 (Padawan Erifia)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Master Gerith kept poking me and prodding me to get out of bed. It was late morning, and I had been up all night playing Capture the Flag with the other padawans. I rose gently, and I wiped the sleep from my eyes, and I blinked heavily at him.

“Good morning, Master,” I said casting my eyes from him. I was still in my PJ’s and I didn’t want him to know I was embarrassed.

“Erifia today we have been asked to stop a Sand-Person Raid on a small colony on Tatooine,” He spoke firmly.

“Yes Master. Will it not take us longer then a day to get to Tatooine?”

Master Gerith sighed, “We don’t have to do it today, we have to leave today. And we need to get there as soon as possible, so get dressed and get your lightsaber.”

I nodded gently. I didn’t want him to think I was being disrespectful to him. He left my room and I looked at the picture of my mother on the night-stand. She was wearing little or no clothing at all, and she was dancing in a bar.

That picture was taken the night my biological father met my mother. She was young and beautiful. But I didn’t understand how it was logical to wear little more then underwear. It didn’t provide warmth, and there could be no aesthetic value when there was not much clothing to see.

I forced myself back to the present. I needed to get dressed and I needed to help a town on Tatooine. I grabbed one of my different color outfits. It was against temple code to wear them, but Master Gerith always said I should never look like I was from the temple.

He told me time and time again that if I looked like a Jedi, then people would want to kill me as if I was a jedi. I didn’t understand. All we do with our lives is help people. Why would people want to hurt us?

Once the outfit was on, I made sure to put the all-weather cloak we are given at the temple on to cover up my lekkus. Master Gerith also said that men would want to steal me so that I could dance for people and not get paid for it. He said they were going to sell me into Slavery, if they knew what exactly I was at first glance.

His logic was silly. Twi’leks to the best of my knowledge are the only species that can become indigo. But I obeyed anyway. I climbed under my bed, and I grabbed my sniper rifle and my saber.

My saber was a dark purple. I had made it with special crystals Master Gerith had found for me. He said that there were no others like them in the galaxy. So I built a saber around them. It came out to be almost black, with a purple glow.

He met me at his ship, and we were off. He didn’t tell my any details about the mission, but I only assumed it would involve negotiations with the sand-people. I watched the lines of the stars fly by, and I fell asleep.

It didn’t take long for us to be there, and when I woke we were landing. Outside on the main landing pad we were greeted by several humans. I stayed behind Master Gerith, allowing him to do the interaction.

When the conversation had finished we had found out several things, they come and attack the small colony and steal weapons and technology once a week. When the new technology comes in through a spaceship, they come down again.

This time we were used as a decoy so that the Tusken, as they are actually called, will come and attack the town at dusk, and be met by Master Gerith and I. That’s when I realized what was meant by the verb-phrase ‘be met by’. We weren’t going to talk with them. We were going to meet them and kill them.

There was no talk of peace. There was only talk of killing them. I nodded as we were told information, so scared and worried that we would have to kill them. I didn’t want to hurt anyone.

After the Mayor of the Colony left, Master Gerith said, “Erifia, you need to get up on top of one of those buildings and use that sniper rifle to take them out before they come to close to us. I will stand on the outside of town and meet them in hand-to-hand combat.”

I cast my eyes down from him, a sole tear dropping, “If it is your wish Master.”

If you’ll excuse me, sir, I need to go get prepared to hurt someone *tear*,

XOXOXO,
Erifia Apoc

4 Comments:

Blogger Skywalker said...

Hurt them.... hurt them ALOT!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, dear me. Poor dear.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Gar-Gar The Cat said...

Purr! *rubs leg*

2:05 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

'Hurt someone'...good phrase, Erifia!

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home