Monday, July 31, 2006

Getting closer

(Look, egocentrism has worn off, but not yet, it will be here soon.)

I had to get closer to the conspiracy, and I was totally undeniably sure, that Mal was behind the whole thing. His whole locking system on his door was far too much for me to break into. I had to go about a different way.

I went to my ship, storming around trying to figure it out.

“I don’t know,” Becca said, “Maybe you could get him to take you on a date?”

“What do you mean?”

“A date, I don’t know, dinner, talking, you can find out everything you want to know.”

“He wouldn’t like me… I’m not pretty…”

“Whatever… Try a nice dress instead of that dancer’s outfit.”

I went to my back room, and withdrew a black dress. I put it on, and I looked in the mirror. I messed with my lekkus a bit, removed the lightsabers, and other articles I kept on them, and I put them in a *shiver* purse…

“Now, be nice,” Becca said.

“Becca, I want you to follow me, and tape us… okay? Make sure no-one is following me… Okay?”

I left the ship, tripping a bit on the high heels. Gah… Who could actually wear these for pleasure? I tapped on the street, I knew where he would be… The coffee shop… I walked shakily up to it, I saw him reading his paper, I walked up to him, and as sweetly as I could, I said, “Hello, I’ve seen you here several times, and you’ve intrigued me.”

He looked behind him, it had to be part of his innocent act, “I beg your pardon,” he choked out, “I’m flattered by your comment but are you sure you’ve got the right man?”

“Positive, my name is Erifia,” I wasn’t going to tell him my last name, if he had the right connections he could find anything he wanted about me, “And what is your name?” I asked with a smile. It was going to be hard to keep this all straight.

“Mal,” he said offering his hand to me, and I took it, as he set me down in a chair, and said, “If you’d care to join me…”

“Yes of course, thank you,” there was a pause, I didn’t know what to do next, so I made sure the confusion about what the next step was, shone on my face.

He pretty much snapped his fingers to get the waiter to come over, but he didn’t, it was smooth, he was looking at me for my lightsabers, which were hidden in my metal purse, a style that had went out of fashion when my mother was still alive and dancing, “I must admit,” he stated, “I’m not used to women coming up and chatting with me, and from your body language, you aren’t either,” he paused, “May I ask what prompted such an impulsive act,” he smiled over his cup.

“I’ll have a tea,” I said to the waiter, “I’m not quite sure, I had seen you, and you were the only guy who didn’t have a girl with him over here. I thought maybe you were lonely… It sounds silly and stupid, but… I’m sorry…” Erifia… I said to myself, You lie through your teeth. Unfortunately, you’re good at it…

He nodded, and spoke, “So… Erifia…Tell me about yourself.”

“Not much to tell,” I replied, “I was saved from the twi’lek slave ring by a friend, and I’ve worked for him every since… It pays well, I make my own hours, its nice…” And I didn’t even lie.

There was a pause; I wasn’t very good with this flirting thing, “So how long have you been on Coruscant? And what’s your favorite place to go?” He asked.

“About a month now… And I really love Kashyyyk, to be honest, the city unnerves me, but Kashyyyk… That’s a place… And once you can speak and understand wookie, its very fun.”

I smiled at him, “I’m sorry, I’m not very good at this, I’m stupid, really…” I tried to make myself sound bubbly, “Tell me about yourself, and what’s your favorite place to be?”

He paused and got a look on his face, it was clear he was thinking, “I’m not sure, I’ve been a lot of places, but I usually don’t stay long. If I had to pick a place, I’d say Corellia,” he took a drink of his latte, and the waiter set the tea in front of me, “As for myself, nothing terribly exciting. I, like hundreds and thousands of others, work in the military. I’m in my mid 30’s and I like cheesy action holovids.” He forced a smile out.

“I like action holovids. Not as much as comedy ones…” I said, I wasn’t going to tell him why, but, it was because all of my life was an action movie, directed and written by the same idiot who used the same gags over and over, but I love to laugh.

“I’m mid twenties,” I replied softly as if ashamed of my own age because of the difference between us two, I took a sip of the tea. I then poured three teaspoons of sugar into the cup and mixed it, I tasted it. It wasn’t sweet enough so I put two more into it.

“Nothing wrong with your twenties, good time of life, things heal quickly and you’re young enough to have lots of options,” he put down his drink, and checked his watch, there you go Erifia, Stupid as always… Now he’s leaving and you’re no closer than what you started, “Well, Erifia,” boy I saw this coming, “It was a pleasure meeting you, perhaps I’ll see you around?” With that he put some credits on the table, and stood to leave.

“Thank you very much for the tea,” I said softly, “I would like it if sometime you and I could get together…”

If you'll excuse me, I need to go straighten my head out... I might actually like this guy...

Meak Hugs, and Submissive Kisses,
Erifia Apoc.

PS. Never before in my life, and now there are two.

8 Comments:

Blogger Professor Xavier said...

A Jedi with a purse? Now that can't be standard issue.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

YOu are a very good writer... :) Purse huh -

11:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well if you're off duty it's ok. A gal has to look good, ya know? *wink*

11:16 PM  
Blogger Erifia Apoc said...

Thanks Nande. And Yeah, kind of, DJK.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

By all means, date him. Take his mind off of you-know-who.

2:06 AM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

What is it with you Jedi and your mixed-up feeling. You need to be more like us stoic clones who don't let things like that get in the way wanting to do our boss, … what? I did not say boss, I said job. Where the heck did this boss thing come from and why are you bringing it up, … Uhh LOOK OUT A KILLER DROID *runs away*

2:11 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Be careful Erifia; a girl has to be careful.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home