Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Paid Vacation: My Dad's Birthday

(Read here, here, and here. To understand what my family is like.)

Okay, I'm sure the boss takes a few reads at this a week. Makes sure I am doing my job. Today I am not. Its My No-good-pig-stealing father of mine's birthday. Rather than make it obvious and just walk right up to my ship, I zig zagged on the way there. No-body ever doubts that I am not being sincere when I zig zag.

Once I got to the ship, Becca and Tatooine didn't realize it was leaving port until we were half way to Ryloth. Once they knew I was on the ship, Tatooine rushed to me, he leapt on my lap. Becca sat down in the co-pilot seat.

"I Don't Know..."

"I know you don't, Becca."

"Mommy, You're back."

"I see you've been using the universal translator dear."

"Yup Mommy. Its me! Your baby."

"I know dear," I replied.

"Where are we going?" Becca asked.

"I am going to see my father, it is his birthday today."

I kicked it into Langorian Super Speed, and we arrived at Ryloth within the hour.

Once there, I locked the doors so not even Tatooine and Becca could get out, and I grabbed the package. I walked to my father's house, and I didn't knock, I kicked open the door. When I did, a woman leapt from my father, I walked in, held my palm to her forhead, "Sleep."

With that she dropped to the ground with an unforcely thud.

"Hello Erifia," he choked out.

"Yeah, whatever. You hate me, I hate you."

"I was trying to be nice."

"Do you really want to, or were you just doing so..."

"What does it matter? I was..."

"I come here, a lot... This is the first time you've ever really spoken to me."

"Yes... Well..."

"So whose she? Another one of your worthless slave girls?"

"Yes."

I tossed him his present. His grubby little chubby hands opened the package, and he looked at it. I had bought him a necklace and a new robe. He tossed them aside...

"I thought you made somewhere near 2 billion credits."

"Oh...Well F... I'm out of here. You ignorant b..."

I bit my lip... I had to, or I was going to curse... And this is a PG Journal.

"You want me for my money?! That's all I've been to you, a financial burden that will take care of itself and supply you with surplus?! Well I got bad news for you, I am poor, and that was the last of my money!"

I smiled to myself (Inside my head), that was a lie all the way down from my stomach.

"Leave my home, I'll have no poor girls in my household."

I knew he couldn't, how easy would it be for him to say, 'If you needed money honey, why didn't you come home?' My mother would have said that.

"You are a ba..."

I turned on my heel, withdrew my lightsaber and cut into his walls on my way out. Once outside, I took a deep breath, and put my lightsaber back in. Boy did that feel good. Almost as good as that time I went into a simulation where all of the clones were Aayla Secura.

If you'll excuse me, I've gotten my angry for the week out of the way, I need to get back to my job,

Hugs and kisses,
Erifia Apoc

Ps. 1

Two! I can count to Two!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Somke people are never grateful.

12:57 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Lama Su away get upset on birthdays. I thing she got 7 million finger painting last time.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Jedi Healer said...

Erifia,

If that's all he thinks of you as then your better off without him. And if you still want family, you know I'm here for you!

4:20 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

You need a hug. Do you need a hug? Yes, you could use a hug.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Erifia Apoc said...

Jon's an attractive man, and I can take care of myself, thank you very much.

9:52 PM  
Blogger captain koma said...

Is this more than influenced by real experiences or are we all being fooled by a really good writer.

Even if its both I don't care.

This is potent stuff.

Koma

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home