Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Jabim: Part 1 (Erifia)

Yes, I'm wearing a new outfit.

I looked at the battlefield. It was Jabim. The casualties on the GAR side had alerted my attention. There was an old friend of mine from the temple among them. He was a simple jedi, a bothan. He was a good man in his older age.

I was called, is what I meant by alerted. See the force told me my bothan friend was dead. But it didn’t tell me where. The council in association with the GAR decided to send me into combat.

I told them, most defiantly, that I would go, but I would not lead clones into combat. I wanted the soldiers of The 32nd division. When I told them that, they called the GAR and the GAR laughed.

The 32nd division had been assigned to guarding the small armory on Coruscant; That they would be worthless to me in combat. I told them, if they didn’t get me the 32nd division, that I wouldn’t go.

Droids had been programmed to regroup when they see me in combat. Its not because I am a great strategist. Its because I have a high count of bodies, and they realized that with a regroup, they stood a chance.

They assigned me a transport class ship, and they said the men would arrive within the hour. I went to my room to get ready. I grabbed my old sniper rifle out from under my bed and I wiped the dust off of it.

I smiled. I had my sabers strapped on tight, and I made sure to grab a couple of my other items. A pair of thermals. I had some present for these droids.

I waited outside the temple, and when they arrive I noticed how old they actually were compared to me. They were still in great shape, but they were older.

Deadweight, one of the men who I trained with so long ago, spoke, “I wonder what bloody Mid-Blood they got leading us. Not that I am upset we got a mid-blood leader, I just am glad to get out of that bloody armory.”

I stood there, he didn’t realize I was there, and he kept talking while the guys were all making uncomfortable noises and pointing at me.

“What don’t tell me the Mid-Blood’s standing there, I mean honestly, you can’t trust them with much of anything. They think we are beneath them…”

I ahemed, loudly, he turned, “I mean of course… I… I say Mid-Blood with the highest of respect for you. Its just Jedi is just so common to say.”

“Okay,” I said not letting on as to who I was, “I was told this company is made up of sixty men.”

“Uhm,” said who I knew was Private Jerin, he was now a Captain, “Yes, General.”

“You must be Captain Jerin. I was told you were the leader of these men. I want you to know I am not taking your command away from you. I understand that you men are most likely creatures of habit. I want you to know I respect you men.”

Deadweight spoke up, “Respect us enough to pick us to die over the Clonies?”

“Respect you enough to know that you won’t die.”

He piped down, “I would like you men to be rested, as much as you can for when we arrive on Jabin. I will fly the ship there.”

They nodded, and closed the blast hatches, and sealed them up, and I jumped up into the pilot’s seat, sending the private driving into the back.

If you’ll excuse me, it’s a long road to Jabim,

Hugs and kisses,
Erifia Apoc

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hate being called that!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate being called that!

11:30 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Jabim will end up being on 'Battlefield Tours'.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home