Monday, June 12, 2006

Extra chores, and good food; Something is wrong.

I have a new sidekick, she's very nice, albeit a little annoying with her catch phrase. I just noticed after an amount of time, let's just say, a week, that Becca the Magnificant, was doing extra things.

By extra things, I mean, her normal chores are to make sure the ship isn't dirty, to keep it stocked with food, and to take any calls I get, and tell them, I'm not on the ship. But not only has she done that she tunes the engine up, makes sure the outside it spotless, and she even cooks every night.

Now, I appreciate what she's doing, but I would never even request her do that, those are the things that I do. Her meals were really good to.

"Becca," I said, "Why have you been doing all these extra things for me?"

"Because... I don't know... I just want you to be happy..."

"Who says I'm not happy!"

"You just yelled at me."

"What?"

"You just yelled at me. You screamed, 'Who says I'm not happy.'"

I frowned, and I thought about it and I had. I sat down on the nearby chair, and I looked up at her.

"Becca, you don't have to do any of my chores, okay? Please don't..."

"Okay," she said, and she started to walk away, then she turned, "Why are you so angry?"

I closed my eyes. I closed them tight and held them shut. I thought about everything that had happened to me in my life... I had a right to be angry... But I really needed to release it all, I could not fall into the dark side.

"Becca, I can never, ever tell anyone," I said, standing up, "Never. But I know who does know, her name is Barriss, Master Yoda, is the only other person who knows. But you'll never find him."

I stood, and I kept my eyes closed, and I used the force to feel my way back to Tatooine's room. Once inside, the little guy came forward, and I opened my eyes, he was getting so big, soon he would be able to be ridden. He rubbed his head against my side, and I began to pet him.

I heard Becca activate the holo-com.

Tears streaked down my cheek, and I knelt down and hugged Tatooine. It felt good. It felt good to cry.

I sobbed, I cried... I've been doing a lot of that lately... I felt lost...

Becca knocked on the door, and I wiped my tears away, and said, "Come in."

There were no tears in my eyes when she came, but sadness drew on my face.

"She told me..." I choked and swallowed, "She told me, that if I was going to find out, that you were going to tell me."

"I can't..." I said, "Look, I have to go, the republic has given me total freedom to take up any missions I so pleased, but if they needed me, I would have to go back... But today, I'm working a somewhere..."

I walked past her, eyes closed, and I left my ship.

If you'll excuse me, I have a new job to start,

Tight needed hugs, and soft kisses to the forhead,
Erifia Apoc

2 Comments:

Blogger Magdalena said...

a good cry is good from time to time

10:24 PM  
Blogger Jedi Healer said...

Erifia,

Do you want there with you, I can come. Just send word that you need me.

I can only help you with you want me to. I can not and will not do so otherwise!

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home