Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A job and a stranger

(My ego-centrism has worn off, take a peek here)

Wondering what's going on? You should have read.


He spoke when he saw my apprehension, “I need your services, but not those kind of services. I have a situation with an individual that requires some outside observation,” he paused looking at me.

“I’m just a simple twi’lek dancing girl,” I batted my eyelashes, “What would I know about spying on people?” I paused for a second, this may have been a trap, I needed to know if I was going to be called up on going AWOL before I told him I knew anything about anything.

“Let’s just say you come well-recommended,” he said, “Is there something I could do to convince you that I’m not a cop?”

I already knew what I wanted him to do to prove he wasn’t a cop.

“Remove the disguise, and tell me your real name, and tell me the real name of who you would have me spy on if I wasn’t a Twi’lek slave dancer,” with that said I waited to see if he would tell me or not, if he did, than he could be trusted, but if he didn’t, than he was some AWOL officer after me.

“My friends call me Dante, and the person I need your help with… her name is Lieutenant Commander Jardena R. Oneida of the GAR,” he paused for a moment, I had met Oneida on a mission once, she was very kind, very strong, “I don’t need you to spy on her, per se. I believe there is someone already spying on her, or stalking her. I need to know who that is.”

I raised my eyebrow a bit. I paused once again, given him a second to think he had blown his cover.

“I usually work for $1,500 credits an hour. Plus the cost of any of my own expenses,” I paused again to let that sink in, it was a lot of money, “But, if you are truly only looking out for Oneida, than I will cut that down to $500 credits a day. I’ll cover my own expenses.”

My lekkus all wiggled around, punishing me for taking it so cheap. I looked up to him, “And let’s just say, I find this person spying on her? Do you want him captured, imprisoned, or dead? Dead is extra.”

If you'll excuse me, there is still more to this,

H-U-G A-N-D K-I-S-S,
Erifia Apoc

8 Comments:

Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

"Dead is Extra" For shame, what would Obi or Yoda say about that. You are sounding a little Dooku.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Erifia Apoc said...

That's why its extra. Breaking the law costs more.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

So when you say hugs and kisses, do you mean kiss of death?

3:03 PM  
Blogger Jardena said...

How about hugs of death? No exchange of body fluids or having to worry about bad breath.

And I still feel like a little kid who people think can't take care of herself. I'm an officer of the Republic, the war's been going on for some time, and I'm still alive. And I'm pretty sure it's not just dumb luck!

3:42 PM  
Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Yeah, and you save our @ss more then we save yours.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Erifia Apoc said...

I have much to teach you young Solo. Much, much.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

The lady sounds determined. I suggest everyone give her some room.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Jedi Healer said...

Good luck!
May the force be with you!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home