Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My name

(I've lost that famous ego-centrism, read from someone else's journal here.)

You should also pay attention to what happened before.

“Why such a cheap discount?” he asked. I knew he would hate the cost to begin with, than in response to my answer he said, “Imprisoned. I’ll take it from there.”

“I am giving you the discount because you are helping someone else, something I happen to believe in, but I do believe each kind act has only greed and self centered thoughts behind it. I won’t ask you, your real reason for seeking my services, and you don’t ask me why I am giving it to you so cheap.”

I stood, and extended my hand, waiting for the deal sealing shake.

“Fair enough,” he said, taking my hand, his skin was soft, and his grip strong, “What should I call you? I have to call you something.”

But without waiting for an answer, he began to tell me all the details, I absorbed them like a sponge.

“I’m going to need daily updates from you, even if it’s just to say to haven’t gotten a solid lead yet,” than he added, “Needless to say, this is very important to me. I’d like this handled fast and discreetly. Don’t get caught – either by the stalker or the subject.”

My name wasn’t quite important enough yet, “Listen, do you have the hologram, the one of her at the restaurant? I need to see it first.”

There was something about sliced holo-videos that I knew. Something that only slicers and spy knew about them. I also wasn’t going to comment on the discreetly thing yet, its not usually my style, that’s for sure.

He showed me the video and I watched it all very closely, than he played two extras, and I watched them closely.

“Take this and see what you can find,” he handed me a disk, not one for study he wasn’t, “Since you won’t tell me your name or give me an alias, I’ll have to give you one. I’ll call you… Ms. Sapphire.”

He watched me closely, like he was waiting for me to bite or something, “I never liked the color sapphire,” I said, “And it seems it will be rough to work with you Dante, if you don’t know my name. My name is Erifia Apoc, Jedi Knight, and Republic Spy. I’m risking a lot telling you this. So now we are even.”

I replayed the video, and there was a certain part I saw, something ever so tiny and insignificant that it would be hard to pick it out if you weren’t studying it. I “Hmm’d” as the term would be when I came to it.

If you'll excuse me, more to come, promise,

Hugs and Kisses,
Erifia Apoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home