Friday, June 23, 2006

Slicers, Stupidity, and why I hate videos

(Hey look, I'm no longer a child, so other people have a say too, read here.)

You should be a more avid reader if you haven't read this.

“If you are a jedi, why would you moonlight like this?” he asked. Something told me he had some deep dislike of the jedi order.

“I was trained as a jedi knight, and instead of being like the other jedi, I opted for spying, and in doing so, the Jedi Temple scarcely recognizes my existence,” I looked up from the video, “I finished a big mission for the republic, they’ve given me a leave of absence… Only to call me if it was really important.”

Maybe he wouldn’t believe me, but I didn’t care, “Okay, now that that’s out of the way, look here,” I played back a small section of the tape for him, “Anything out of the normal there?”

“You tell me,” he said trying to seem like he saw something, but wanted to make sure I saw it first.

“Watch, closely, right here…” I pointed at the holo video, and there, “See, whenever a slicer is really good, he or she will leave their mark. Something that other slicers can pick up on.” There was something etched in, just for a second, and it was a weird symbol, that looked like a circle with an I written through it, “The slicer’s mark. It probably appears in the other two as well.”

“A calling card,” he exclaimed, “Whoever did this wasn’t very bright.”

“I’m not a big slicer, never have been, I don’t have the patience for it, but I have a calling card too, just like ever other slicer in the galaxy. Mine is two sabers crossed, and one moving up from the center, I usually leave it in a dark indigo, partially hidden on screen.”

He shook his head not understanding, “That should make your investigation that much easier, I hope. Is there anything else, any more information you need from me? How much of an initial payment do you require?”

If you'll excuse us, it is to be countinued,

X to the O wrap around to the X and jump to the O, up in this journal,
E to the A.

2 Comments:

Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said...

And that is why Hacer get caught, their egos get the better of them. go find them, spank tthem and send them home like the bad little boys/girls they are. :)

2:32 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Or perhaps make them watch a movie about a dead monkeyboy.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home