Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Home again, Home again.

I hadn't been home for some time... I was due for a visit. My father hates me because
A) I was a burden when I was younger.
B) When he tried to get rid of me with the Jedi, I actually was a Jedi.
C) My mother died in childbirth.

I am the cause of all his pain. He naturally after my mother's death, totally forgot I existed. Last time I visited him he had me evicted from his property.

I walked up on the front steps and began my slow trek up them. I never climbed them as a child, but I imagine they were very much like the steps of the ruined temples on Yavin 4. i finally arrived at the top of them, and I looked out and saw the sun.

I looked at the brightlands and saw only desert. I looked at the nightlands and saw the glowing plants. Amazing... I said softly. My father was a wealthy merchant. Retired now.

I knocked on the door, and a pretty twi'lek female answered.
"Out of my way," I said firmly.

"Who are you?" she asked with her nose up in the air.

"Erifia Apoc."

"He never said anything about a wife," she commented.

"Then he obviously didn't say anything about his daughter."

I shoved her out of the way and headed downwards. I arrived in the sitting room, and I sat across from him.

"You look like your mother," he said firmly.

"Last time I was here you spoke of how beautiful she was."

"What do you do?" he asked.

"I'm a Jedi Knight, a Republic Spy."

"Impressive."

"There's no need to be snippy."

"Do not talk back to your father."

"Some father, it was a mistake coming back here."

I stood and stormed out of the room. I turned and looked at him.

"You know what?!" I yelled, "I try! Once a year! Maybe you should do the same!"

I threw a bag of money to him, and it landed on his lap.

I walked out the door, and shoved the twi'lek aside again.

I got back to the top of the complex and I sat down, letting the sun caress my body and I began to sob and cry.

"Mother," I said softly, "I try... I try so hard..."

I felt a nuzzle at my arm... Through my tears I had to smile...
"Tatooine... Its too dangerous for you to be out of the ship..."

I picked him up and laid him on my lap.

"I hate my father," Tatooine looked up at me, and his big eyes shown with a smile.

"I don't want to ever be like him."

Tatooine nuzzled my chin, and I smiled. I picked him up, and I walked to my ship, and set Tatooine down.

"Now stay... I have some buisness to take care of, okay baby?"

He laid down on his bed.

I walked down the nearest alley, and went into a bar. I would try again tomorrow, I ordered a drink, and a male Twi'lek came over.

"Hey baby girl..."

I sighed, "Yes?"

"You up for a date? You can give me your number, or I'll give you mine..."

"Okay..." I had to remember Aayla's number... "Call 555 - 5243, You'll get ahold of her...me... Me..."

"Okay, thanks babe... Can I buy you a drink?"

"No, I think this glass of milk will be enough."

If you'll excuse me, I have a 'Tatooine' to feed,

Hugs and kisses,
Erifia Apoc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home