Friday, August 11, 2006

Memory 4: DJK is found.

(You really need to read this if you want to know how Captain Typho's and my Te't'ee Ended.)
(If you haven't read this. You need to, without it you will be lost.)
(This is important to this story as well.)
(She was my partner for finding DJK.)
(READ THIS, VOTE FOR ME!!!)

Barriss was crying, she hadn’t stopped. What was going on? I needed answers and I was getting none. Why was she crying and why was I crying? Had I done anything to her or to me to make me cry?

“We’re a mess,” she said slowly.

“Yes, but why?!” I asked impatiently.

“You don’t remember what just happened in here?” she asked.

“No, I don’t remember a thing… I know we were talking about your family, and then my mother, and then it was blank until you hit me…” I said softly. I couldn’t remember, was there even a space in between there?

She nodded and looked at me. Wasn’t she going to answer?

“Answer me! What happened?” I said as I sunk down up against the door.
“Tell me what happened!”

“Give me your hand Erifia,” she said. She was going to transfer memories to me.

I handed her my hand, and looked at her, scared of the answer, especially since she couldn’t say it.

I felt a flood of memories come back to me. Almost like they were being stored somewhere, and the one that scared me most… I curled up into a ball again. No… No…
“I deny it! Stop playing with my mind! I wouldn’t do such a thing!” I saw the lightning on my fingertips again and again, playing in my mind.

“Erifia, I’m not playing with your mind…” she said slowly, as she let go of my hand.

“I deny it!” I yelled, “It never happened!”
I began to cry, and leaned on her shoulder.
“I didn’t do it…” I kept repeating, “It never happened… It couldn’t have happened.”

She hugged me? Was she hugging me. I couldn’t be sure… Am I even a jedi… Who am I? Am I sith? What’s a sith?
“What did I do?” I asked again, not remembering again, “Barriss, what’s wrong?”

“Erifia,” she said, “You didn’t go anything wrong.”
I sighed and smiled. I gave her a tight hug.
“I was worried I had…”

She hugged me back.
“Thanks, You’re such a good friend. Go ahead and sleep on my bed, I’ll go sleep next to Tatooine tonight.”

“You’re welcome Erifia,” she said, she shook her head, “I couldn’t sleep on your bed, it wouldn’t be right.”

“Please do, I need to spend time with my baby anyway…”

“Oh!”

Uh-oh… She thought I meant a child.

“No, no dear, my tauntaun.”

“You call your tauntaun…. A baby?”

“Yes, he’s my baby… Tatooine the Tauntaun. He’s my little child. He’s a sweety…”

“That’s sweet.”

I smiled, and opened my door, and went to lay down next to my tauntaun, who was surprised, he curled up in a ball in the crook of my legs.

When I woke in the morning there was an alert buzzing in the ship. I stood and rushed to my counsel. I jumped. Was that boy always this rash? Or just when he was awake. I pulled up on the ship, and went into full reverse, we were upside down for a moment until I got us back to normal. I looked at where the tracking device I had put on Ani told me he was.

I looked at my gas. It would be a close call, but without a doubt, Coruscant was just in my range. I smiled. It was time to go into Langorian Hyper Speed.

I’m not going to lie to you, no matter how many times I’ve used it, it is still just as fast, and still sends me off my chair and on my but.

“Ooof… Stupid ship!”

I got a red light. That wasn’t good.

“Good ship! Sorry I was angry at the situation.”

Everything went peachy again. That’s good. And Ironic.

We were at Coruscant. If they were worried about missing us, they’d find us in Langoria, because I didn’t let either the Republic or the Temple put trackers on this thing. It had only been an hour. Amazing.

“I love you ship.”

With that I landed, and went to wake Barriss up, I walked in the room, and didn’t her cloak…
I turned before I saw anything else.

“Barriss!” I yelled, “Ani’s at the temple, and that’s where we are.”

“Good morning to you too!” she said.

“Now, I want to give the boy a piece of my mind…”

She walked up and spoke, “Okay I am ready when you are…”

I walked off my ship, and low and behold I saw a poof of red hair, and two men with her. One was Ani. The other was covered in cheeto dust. Suddenly my frusteration was qualmed and I leaned against the piston on my ship’s door, I smiled softly and shyly at Obi-Won. I looked at Barriss, I motioned for her to give Ani a piece of our mind.

“HOW COULD YOU?!” She screamed.

I looked up at Ani, and I yelled at him, “We were still searching!”

“Chill,” he said, “We couldn’t get your line.”

“Well, I found you,” I said, “And I see you found her. Good. I’m glad. I saved you the trouble of having to find us, and if you’ll excuse me, I am going to go to my room in the temple and sleep. Hugs and Kisses.”

I rushed past them, a little hurt. If Barriss came, she would come, but I understood that she probably wanted to check on them.

“Erifia, I’m coming with you!” She said as I heard her footsteps on the temple floor catching up to me. I stood and waited.

“Look, I know you lied to me back on the ship. Something was up, and whatever it was, I lived it twice, and forgot it twice. Because there are big gaps in my memory, so I don’t care you were probably trying to protect me, but we are here now. Tell me so I can sort it out, okay?”

She looked at me and nodded her head, “Yes something did happen abck on the ship… You may not care, but I do. If it wasn’t for me being there, then you’d have fone some real damage to yourself or to someone else…”

I looked at her, “Sith Lightning?” I asked. I wanted the truth. If she didn’t answer me with the truth, I was going to break down.

“How do you know that?” she asked, dreading my answer.

“Because, Aayla Secura used it on me. And I am more like her than I want to be,” I leaned in and whispered, “I promised I wouldn’t tell and I won’t, but I need to do what I am about to do alone… Okay?”

“Erifia, I can understand that, but there’s more to it then that…”

I closed my eyes. No…

“What?” I asked as patiently as I could manage at the time.

“No, what I have to say to you can wait.”

“Please Barriss…” I said softly, “I’ve very few friends. I don’t want to lose you because you are holding something inside.”

She spoke softly, “We were talking about parents, and for a few moments I thought I lost you. And I got mad, so mad I hit you, Erifia. I’ve never hit another person without reason before now. I…we…both lost control back there. To be a healer, one doesn’t lose control like that. Its unheard of.”

I pulled her chin to look at me, I leaned in and whispered, “I am a frustrating person. I deserve a good hit every now and again. I promised I wouldn’t tell, and I won’t. I need to go get better, up here…” I said as I pointed at my head.

I gave her a quick hug, and I turned to go to my place to meditate.

Thanks Barriss. You’ve no idea how much I owe you.

If you’ll excuse me, I’ve much to do, and less time to do it in,

XoXOxO,
Erifia Apoc

CD = 5

2 Comments:

Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Your ship responds to emotional stimuli, eh? That can make for some very interesting space voyages. Perhaps if you got a cheery robot to talk to it all day it would perform at its peak level.

On the other hand, having Marvin onboard would probably cause it to send itself into the nearest sun.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I think I'm lost.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home