Friday, September 29, 2006

Interlude: My Date with the Prof.

(Click here to read his Perception)

I paced back and fourth. Why was I so nervous? He's just a man. I took off my twi'lek dancer outfit I wore all the time, and I instead put on a red-velvet dress, because I wanted to look nice, and and I didn't want him to be embarassed by me or overwhelmed, if that was possible.

Becca helped me take off my Tiara and lekku wrappings, She helped me bunch them up, and wrap them in coils, and I guess, bind them into a bun so it looked like my hair was in a bun, except they were my lekkus.

I grabbed the wicked nasty purse, and I put all of my objects into it and closed it up. I didn't need four lightsabers, or two thermals, but what if something went wrong and we needed to fight.

I decided to go to a planet out on the rim of the Milky-Way because my ship is really fast, and uses very little fuel. I wanted to make it as easy as possible for him. So I landed my ship on a galaxy outpost, and I waited, pacing back and fourth. This was driving me crazy.

“Why Erifia, my dear, you look simply stunning!” I turned and saw the professor, he was all decked out in a nice suit. I bowed and spoke, “Why thank you Prof.”

“Please, you must call me Charles,” I didn’t like the idea of calling him Charles. I had known him as Prof. But I listened to him anyway, “Alright.”

We went towards the restaurant and when we arrived, somehow (and don’t ask me how) Prof had already made reservations. We sat down across from each other. I have to say, when you are sitting across from someone who can read your mind as if it was a flyer, you get a little nervous. I felt glad in knowing that instead of just one mind, I indeed had four. Or at least my brain acted as if it were four. Each lekku contained part of a brain with its own set of brain waves, and then my head contained the larger central brain. Only one could be read at a time, if he were to go to that length, and if he did, I would protect my middle lekku with my life.

“Hey Prof…Charles, have you ever been on a date with a different race before?”

He took a sip of his drink and responded, “Actually, I was engaged once to an alien. Her name was lilandra.”

“Oh,” I responded, He’s got a bit of problems with other races, “What happened? Problems with a Long Distance Relationship?”

“No, that wasn’t it. It got a bit complicated because she had obligations to her people as I had to mine. Unfourtunately there came a point when those obligations were in conflict, she was forced to choose,” (He still has some feelings for her) “between her people and me, and she chose her people. A decision I almost completely supported. Now I feel like I’ve been doing the talking. Please tell me what’s been going on in your life since the show.”

I smiled, it was a silly stupid thing of the council to do, but, “Actually, the council made me a Jedi Master. Yoda is awesome.”

“That is wonderful. A Jedi Master. Congratulations. That s quite the honor. I am very impressed. I wonder if they have Champaign on this planet,” What is champaign? “Let me ask you something about Yoda,” he continued to speak, “If you don’t mind. I believe I’ve heard him say he’s around 600 years old. Is that really true?”

“He’s more around 800, I think. But yeah, that’s at least his perception of it.”

“So then, if he’s old and wise, why does he talk like that? I mean to be honest he sounds slightly brain damaged?”

I was confused so I nervously laughed, “I don’t know what you mean professor. Do you mean his accent? I think its just an accent.”

“My dear, I must insist you call me Charles, after all, we have-“

The wall exploded. There was a sonic boom, and it threw me to the ground, I grabbed my purse, and let my lekkus down, I attached the thermal to the one as quickly as possible, and I drew my white and purple lightsaber.

I leapt up, and was very confused, “Jango Fett?” I asked. What did I do to tick that boy off?

If you'll excuse me, this bounty hunter has come a long way, for some reason, and if its me, my head needs to stay attached to my shoulders,

Hugs and kisses,
Erifia Apoc

4 Comments:

Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Four brains? Now that is interesting. And you can rest assured I would never violate your personal space by reading your thoughts without your permission.

Hopefully this Jango Fett character just wants some take-out so we can get back to our date.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Black Widow said...

middle lekku where is that one?

I thought thier was only 2?

10:13 AM  
Blogger Erifia Apoc said...

I have three. I was born that way. Most Twi'lek have two. Thus, "Twin Lekku" = "Twi'lek" The most I have heard of is Five. And that was really, really odd. I've only met three other twi'leks who have three lekkus, like myself.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Something always comes along to ruin a date.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home