Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Jabim: Part 8 (Erifia)

“Hey babe,” I heard a voice from nowhere. I was asleep, but awake.

I looked around. I was in a dream world. I was surrounded by rain and rainbows. I was laying on a bed, and Master Gerith Gwin was sitting across from me.

“Hey,” I said with a smile, and I tried to sit up.

“Don’t. Stay laying down, Erifia. You have a broken neck sweetie.”

I felt the tear come down my face.

“Wow,” he said, “I trained you well.”

I didn’t move, but I spoke, “Yes… You did.”

“You make me proud, every single day. When I think about you, and when I watch you; I saw to myself. That’s your girl, Gerith.”

I smiled, “Am I going to die?”

“Maybe,” he said.

“Am I in a coma?”

“Yes.”

“Did I put myself into this coma?”

“Yes.”

“So my lekkus are fine?”

“Yes.”

“So if they can fix my neck, I can wake up.”

“Yes.”

“Speak to me… Just don’t keep saying yes.”

“I notice you’ve blacked out twice during this mission. You lost yourself in the panic of caring for those men.”

“Don’t give me that,” I said, “You trained me to care.”

“Yes, I did. But I also trained you to use your mind with your emotion. Not just your emotion.”

“I’m sorry,” I said behind tears.

“Nothing to apologize for, babe.”

I felt tired. My eyes began to feel heavy with the onset of sleep, that I so wanted.

Master Gerith spoke, “Don’t go to sleep.”

“Why?”

“Don’t go to sleep.”

I opened my eyes, and I stared at him.

“I forgive you,” he said.

Tears filled my eyes, and I reached for him, and he scooted closer to me, and took my hands. He smiled at me.

“Master…” I said softly.

“I know it wasn’t your fault. I know you didn’t mean it.”

I tried pulling him closer to me, and he braced my neck, and held me in his arms. He hushed me gently, because of how shaky I was and how bad I was sobbing. He kissed my cheek in the fatherly way he did when I was younger.

“Little Indy,” he said, and I stopped crying.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

“Little Indy… I forgave you once, and I would forgive you a thousand times.”

I smiled faintly. My lips were too sad to push them into a true smile.

“Now… Wake up…”

My eyes shot open, and I was emmersed in the bacta tank again.

If you’ll excuse me, Everything is so green,

Broken hugs, and cheek kisses,
Erifia Apoc

5 Comments:

Blogger Master Obi-Wan said...

Broken neck? Stars!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Skywalker said...

o
u
c
h
!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Phobia said...

I know you'll make it.. Your stronger than most anyone I know.. if anyone can make it out of this nightmare.. it's you.. stay strong.. and come back..

11:06 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

We want you back, Erifia...

1:21 PM  
Blogger cooltopten said...

Follow the light Erifia and your make it through fine .

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home