Thursday, April 05, 2007

200ps. Two Queens of the Chess Board: Final (Leuba Sapphire)

Felucia was less then beautiful. It had been ravaged by war, and their were remnants of armor, and remnants of droids laying about the planet.

I never understood why it was such an important staple in conquest. I had to come here once, in the time I never speak of. I had to save an old jedi here.

I also saved many of the dark men, who all share the same face. This planet was a terrible place.

There was a marker, deep down in the swamps, and that was my intent. An Aacklay decided to stand in my way, and it charged me, and I fired my gun, and it blew up his head, and he fell forward.

I walked by him. He wasn’t important. I used his corpse to get across a particularly wet area. An old battle droid saw me, and began to sputter and he tried to fire his long depleted gun, and then expending the last of his energy shut down.

I found the marker, it was down in the swamps, deeper then I had remembered. Sitting on top of it was a bird… One that I had killed. She looked up at it, and it caused her to lower her defenses enough for the Dark Men who share a face to kill her.

I was too late to save her. I commended her body to the soil, and I made the marker. It was made of a large stone that was nearby, and I used my saber to cut out the marker.

The bird sat on top of it, a skeleton now, and I knelt down before it, and I hate to admit it, but tears filled my eyes. I rubbed him fingers along the letter A.

It was strange, that is, once it all went down, and she died. She kept me on my toes. I became a better person because of her, and she was my true Antithesis. Everything I was good at she sucked at, and everything she was good at, I sucked at.

I cried, not because I liked her, and not because we were ever friends, but I cried because being at this spot reminded me of everything, and I owe where I am now to her. When I tried to save her, I knew that.

If she survived we maybe could have changed the present. But she didn’t, and I had to revert back to the bounty-hunter and spy I was trained to be instead of the jedi.

I could only stay here for right now. Eventually I would have to go back into the real world, but now, I wanted to mourn. If only I could change it all…

Nothing… and…Everything,
-Leuba Sapphire.

9 Comments:

Blogger padawanbeldapinik said...

Wow Erifia, I am really beginning to miss you! Sure wish you'd return back to the Temple soon! I feel for you, there have been many Jedi who have inbfluanced me and now because of this war, they are now One with the Force! I sense someone is out to destroy us all! *sighs* Just come back home safely to us okies?

12:14 AM  
Blogger cooltopten said...

Wow , The Jedi really need you right now.stay safe and trust your instincts.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You are needed, Erifia!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Skywalker said...

Our work is never done, huh?

2:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

True, true.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Darth Vader said...

All the sacrifice and it still the galaxy goes to fell. Is it worth it for you?

2:21 PM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Sometimes you just gotta fight the good fight, Darth.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Phobia said...

Stay Strong, stay sane.. We need you here.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a reason in all our suffering.
I'm glad that you still remember her.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home