Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Late Night Tea

(Ego-Centrism, how dare you! She helped! Master Adana)


I rubbed my eyes, and I rolled out of bed. I stumbled out of my room, and I arrived in the kitchen at the temple. My eyes were heavy, I didn’t want to get up, but I couldn’t go back to sleep. I felt a presence in the room, but I didn’t take notice to whom it was. I poured hot water, and grabbed a tea bag to steep.

I sat down across the table, and when I saw the platinum blonde hair, I knew whom it was. I smiled, “You’re up late.” I rubbed my dark and heavy eyes, hoping the dark circles wouldn’t alarm her.

“I often can’t sleep, and when meditation does not help I come here. It is quiet and peacerful,” she smiled as she looked at me, “I am here if you need to talk.”

I looked for honey, and when I found it, I poured most of it into the tea. I looked up to her and released a sad sigh, “I had twisted dreams tonight.”

“What sort of dreams?” She asked.

“Mistress Adana,” I said softly, “Have you ever heard of the Sith known as Darth Inferna?”

“I heave hard my former Master mention the name, but I do not have much knowledge about this sith.” She stood and walked over to get more tea.

I sipped on mine, “I dreamt about her last night.” I was prepared to leave, if she was anything like Obi. I would be scorned.

She turned to me, “Dreams can often haunt us in ways unimaginable. And often we cannot let go of the images.”

“She was speaking to me. I thought she was dead,” I said to her, trying to be strong, “I mean… We killed her…” I sighed. Even if I was a master, if they found out about Inferna, I would be as good as dead.

“Are you sure she died?” She asked, I looked at my hands, They were indigo, and I felt my heartbeat, “It could be her ghost as well.”

I didn’t feel ghostly. She was infinitely me, and I was infinitely her, “I think you’re right about her being alive. Her and I are a lot alike, we are both tough and we both don’t die easily.”

“It seems like she is trying to bring out the other side in you, create a new bond, a connection,” she said. Lady you have no idea.

I am sure my laugh had to sound silver, it escaped my lips and filled the room. I don’t know, but I am sure it became colder.

I focused my eyes on her, “Forgive me… You’ve always been so sweet. That was uncalled for. Its just… Yeah…”

“No, no, don’t apologize, you have netither offended me nor have you been rude in any way,” she moved her hand towards me, “I wish I could ease your pain and help you.”

I mumbled almost silently. She wanted to help, we’ll see how much, “I am Darth Inferna.” I quickly grabbed my tea and began to drink so I couldn’t speak again.

“Are you really she?” she asked.

“Not always,” I admitted, “Only sometimes, when I am at my weakest. It isn’t a second spirit. She is like a second me inside my body. She takes over, and then I wake up somewhere else… Or I wake up with my Tauntaun impaling me… Or… Its not my fault… I hate her!”

She watched me, “How often does she take over?”

Whenever my author wants a new plotline “I don’t know… Once every few months… Sometimes less then that.” I looked up to her, to read her features to see if she was going to run and tell. I could deal with any pain they would put me through.

“You can trust me. I won’t tell anyone.” She looked me deeply in the eyes, and I blinked in response, “There are things the council need not know.”

I nodded, and I thanked her with my eyes, “I- I usually find some way to beat her at the last moment. But She’s been getting stronger.”

“What have you tried so far to beat her?”

I looked at my stomach, “We’ve stabbed her. We’ve put her into a telepathic stasis. We’ve tried ignoring her.” Erifia laughed not so cold, “I must sound crazy, me and Becca.”

“No,” she said, “Its not crazy, I have seen much during my travels.”

I smiled weakly, “I’m only a little crazy. It keeps me sane.”

“Aren’t we all?” she laughed gently, “But we have to be able to control what is trying to control us.”

“I understand, but it’s not always that easy.”

“I understand, But do tell me how I can possible help you?”

I stood and I sat down next to her. I hugged her tightly around the shoulders, “Kill me if she gets out of my control.” I banished a tear from my cheek.

“I shall do no such thing,” she said as she hugged me, “But I will do everything in my power to tame her,” she wiped the tear away, “She might see a side in me not many have knowledge of?”

I raised my eyebrow and asked her without speaking.

“A secret only Masters Yoda and Windu know. Unfourtiantely when I was a padawan poor Obi-Wan was on the receiving end,” She took a deep breath, “I have the ability to access the dark side of the force. In rare instances this had happened.”

I gasped, I took her hands in mine quickly… I laid my head on her shoulder and I began to cry. There was hope… Somewhere, there was hope.

“Don’t give up, there is hope yet,” she said softly, while stroking my head.

“I… I can use the lightning… And… That’s what started it all.”

“For how long have you had this ability?”

“I don’t know…” I cracked through cries.

“Its alright,” she stroked my cheek, “We will fight this together.”

“Thank you…” I sobbed, “I just want her gone…”

If you’ll excuse me, Force Bless Master Adana,

Hugs and Kisses,
Erifia Apoc

8 Comments:

Blogger cooltopten said...

Wow , that was a really cool read.dreams can really haunt you when they seem so real.good work.

3:53 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's it Erifia...blame your author when you don't feel well.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Isn't Adana the best?

2:46 PM  
Blogger Skywalker said...

She always was good to talk too.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Phobia said...

Yes, whenever Master Para wouldn't listen, Master Adana always did *grins* I'm glad she was able to help someone who needed it

10:39 PM  
Blogger Master Obi-Wan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Master Adana said...

You are all giving me too much credit.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Phobia said...

If anything Adana, you don't get enough credit.. Erifia.. I know how you feel.. I thought Catia was a freind.. a second self not all good but not all bad.. I've seen the truth now.. I fear what she will do to those I care for. I .. I fear what she will do in the future to..to.. I shouldn't say more. not now

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home