Friday, July 20, 2007

The Newest Hope: Part 1 (Sapphire)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(Read from the New Hope’s Point of View, HERE.)

I looked down at my old hands. How tame was I? The Rebellion ended with a couple of blasts. Big Blasts. They forgot about me. That was okay. Bounty Hunting was good enough for me.

The Temple was Flourishing, at least, the new one was. I would never go back. I had heard Luke made changes. I know he hadn’t. There couldn’t have been the changes that I needed to have before I came back.

That was when she walked in. She reminded me of myself. I knew who she was. She was Han’s kid. It always amazed me, how Anakin had actually made Padme Pregnant!

I am getting old… The force is beginning to falter, and my age was finally starting to show, I looked at felt around forty five. But sixty was my true age. I stopped counting. No reason to.

I had heard from a pair of easily swayed men, that she was looking for me. I made it easier for her to find me. I chose a mainstream club. I wore my dark cloak to cover my lekkus, but my Sniper Rifle sat on the table in plain sight.

I took a sip of my drink, and I looked at her, my eyes under the dark cloak. I could sense myself in her. Strong, Cunning, Different.

I closed my eyes. I opened them again, and I used illusion to make them glow slightly. I wanted her attention now. I would have it.

She met my eyes. She seemed frightened. She reached out with the force, and tried to read me. I let her. I didn’t mind her knowing about me. If I wanted at any moment I could go invisible and leave.

“A favorite?” She asked motioning towards My Sniper Rifle.

“Depends;” I responded, “I’ve had it since I was eleven. Old GAR Training.”

I whistled at the bar keep, and I spoke in Wookie. He brought over two drinks. One was a light martini, the second was a double shot. I pushed the martini to her, “On me. I’ve heard of you,” was my next response.

She spoke as she took a sip and covered her surprise. I am sure she knew about the GAR she had to. I don’t know everything that goes on now-a-days, but I know that most people had heard of the GAR.

She looked up to me, and spoke, “I guess my parent’s reputation follows me around a bit. But you, you have a reputation, but no name to go with it. Rumor has it that GAR training wasn’t the only type you had…”

Straight and too the point. She was more like me when I was younger then I would like to admit. If she pulled a Saber and decided to ask questions with that, then I knew she was me.

“No, I heard of some of the things you’ve done,” I responded coolly, “But I will admit, they have a large shadow that is hard to get out of.”

I avoided her statement about the training, I wanted to make sure I could trust her yet. I wasn’t sure I wanted her to know I was alive at the time the temple flourished before this new temple.

“So,” she said, “You’ve heard of me, and you know my name. But I still don’t know yours.” She took another drink, and she fiddled with her drink.

“As of now, you can call me Leuba Sapphire,” I said. It was my name. I wasn’t Erifia Apoc for a long time. I won’t be Erifia Apoc for a long time, “I am sure you’ve heard something of me. Somewhere. Even if it is just a whisper.”

I took a swig of my drink, and I pulled my hood back, revealing my three lekkus.

Jaina gasped when she saw my lekku, “It is you,” she breathed in barely a whisper, “Then its true… You are a jedi.”

She stared at me. I felt uncomfortable. First, I was very confused as to how she knew I was a Jedi. Secondly, she stared at me as if I was a superstar, and I wasn’t used be being known. Not for a long, long time.

I raised my eyebrow, “Now that you know,” I stated, “What are you going to do to me?”

-Temporary End Transmission

8 Comments:

Blogger Master Adana said...

Yes, that entire pregnancy was pretty scary.

I don't think she is going to do something to you as far as I know. Her brother on the other hand....

Glad to see you are still around.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Master Obi-Wan said...

She is a good girl. Be mindful of her brother though.

I thought I would never hear from you again.

Please don't remind me of that little incident with Padme and Anakin

8:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh this going to be good!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Skywalker said...

That granddauther of mine, smart one.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Very interesting.

Thanks for that e mail you sent.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, that eye thing was pretty attention grabbing!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Nepharia said...

Remember, you still have experience on your side....

10:39 PM  
Blogger Leuba Sapphire said...

I think that's all, Miss Nepharia.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home