Monday, August 06, 2007

The Newest Hope: Part 7 (Sapphire)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(Read from the New Hope’s Point of View, HERE.)
(Catch up, slow poke, Imperial Scum, Read HERE!)

I walked around the room, Kriss’s camera… It made me smile and made me sad at the same time. I ran my fingers over it. The next object was Aayla’s slave bands. I sighed when I looked at them. I paused, there was a med-kit, “Barriss,” I whispered as I touched the object. I moved forward, NandeHi’s sewing kit… Master Yoda’s hand-held pressure washer. When I came to the end, my eyes had to be filling with tears, it was then I turned around, and I saw Ben’s lightsaber.

I was shocked by what I saw, and I gasped. My tauntaun’s bubble-bub-kin was there, along with Becca’s mask, and – my old diary. It was still locked, no signs of forced entry…

I knelt down at the base of the pedestal, and I buried my face in my hands and I begin to sob, I rose, stoically, and I looked at her, I am sure it came out as harsh and angry, “Take me from this room, I never want to see it again.”

She led me up stairs, and I followed, silently. I didn’t feel like speaking, finally at the top I spoke, “Thanks for showing me that room.”

She turned and looked at me, confused, surprised, “Why?”

“Because I am old, and allowed to be erratic and irrational.” I didn’t say another word, but I walked forward in the temple, I had no idea where I was going.

I think I hurt her feelings and I felt bad for a moment, and then she spoke, “We’re nearly there. Master Skywalker should- Oh!” She stopped, and I saw him turn the corner.

“Jaina,” he spoke, “There you are. Zekk said something about you arriving in a strange ship.”

“Yes master,” she responded, “I’ve completed the mission you set me. This is Master Leuba Sapphire,” she pointed towards me, “Its her ship. They weren’t rumors. She is a jedi.”

I stared at him. I walked towards him, and I touched his cheeks. I ran my thumbs deep into his cheeks, and I slowly examined his face. I brushed his hair without hurting him, and I opened his eyes wide.

“I always thought he was lying to me…” I spoke to Luke, “I always thought it was some sick joke… That was his sense of humor… But here you are. You look very, very much like your father.”

I stared deeply into his eyes, I saw the twinkle Anakin always had, “I see you in there Ani,” I looked at him, “Luke… I never had the pleasure to meet you… I saw you when you were a baby… I think… No… I saw Leia when she was a baby…”

He looked at me, Teary eyed, and he began to ask me questions. What my name was? Leuba Sapphire. How old I was? Around sixty. What was the old order like? Stupid. My one word answers were getting to him. He wanted knowledge, and I have him none. I would give him answers, and I told him this, “I will stay here, and I will teach. I will tell you all you wish to know, except three things… What my real name is. Who all knew me. And Who my padawan was.”

That’s when I realized Jaina had left, and I smiled at young Luke, and kissed his cheek, and I went to find Jaina, realizing I had no idea where I was going, I looked at Luke, and he directed me there.

I didn’t catch the beginning of their conversation, but I caught the end, “-Where is someone like that going to turn up?” A voice that wasn’t Jaina’s asked.

I entered the room, without permission, and I stood, age and time weathering my face, strength and knowledge surrounding me, and my body in a stance that was conducive to fighting if I had to, “Here.” I said.

-Temporary End Transmission

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Poor Luke... wait who's Luke.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Skywalker said...

O.o

12:55 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Luke? whoever is Luke?

2:41 PM  
Blogger Erifia Apoc said...

I wonder that myself, Captain. I don't know what my future self is going on about. But... She just keeps rambling, on, and on.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Darth Vader said...

I want to know more about this Luke... Skywalker, you say?

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home