Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Newest Hope: Part 8 (Sapphire)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(Read from the New Hope’s Point of View, HERE.)
(Catch up, slow poke, Imperial Scum, Read HERE!)

Hera jumped up, and she looked shocked at me. She had been reading a book, and the book cascaded to the ground as her lightsaber was held ready to ignite. Then the hostility stopped, “No… It can’t be…” She then latched the lightsaber to her belt. I released my own covertly, and she took another step towards me, then she reached out and touched my face.

I felt awkward for her, and I wanted to push her hand away. But for some reason, I felt she needed this, “They told me you weren’t real. That they were all just stupid dreams.” She then fell to the ground, her head buried at my knees, and she was sobbing, “But it’s true… You’re real… And you’re here. You’re here.”

I looked helplessly to Jaina. I gently rubbed the top of her head, “Calm down Hera…” I knelt down, and she stopped me, holding me tightly around the knees. I decided that she needed to cry on me, more then I needed to move to make her rise.

“Hera… It’ll be okay,” I tried soothing her with my voice.

Jaina sat down next to her, “Come on, it’s okay. She’s here to help you. She’s the one the rumors were about. Her name is Leuba Sapphire.”

The twi’lek quelled her tears, and she sat up, “Really? You’re going to help me?”

I went to speak, to say I would be no good to help her, but Jaina answered, “Yes, she is,” she shot a look at me, it was one I had not seen for a very long time. She told me, flatly with those eyes I used to use for the same result, ‘Argue, and I will kill you,’ then she spoke sweetly, “Now, why don’t you tell us about your dreams?”

She sniffled, and then she spoke softly, rubbing her eyes of their redness and tears, “It was years ago. When I was still young.I must only have been about eight but I was still made to serve Tarken’s guests. They would make fun of me and call me names. The other twi’lek girls didn’t like me and they would trip me up so that I fell and got punished. When I had really bad days I cried myself to sleep and there would always be a tri’lek waiting for me there. She was so strong looking and she held two lightswords, sorry, sabers. Sometimes she would tell me that it would be all right and that we would meet someday but other times she wouldn’t speak. Just standing there and it made me feel better. Once I tried to tell the other slaves about her but they just laughed at me and I had just handed them another source of amusement to them. After a while I learnt not to mention them and eventually they stopped happening. But I never forgot her.”

She looked up to me, gripping tightly to my legs, “And now I know your name. Master Leuba Sapphire, Thank you…”

I am unsure of whether it was my old heart coming out in me, or whether it was the old mother I used to be to some little runt, and a stupid girl, but my eyes filled with tears, and I knelt down to her, at her level, I took her in my arms, and I hugged her gently around her shoulders.

I whispered, so she could only hear me, I didn’t want Jaina to know more about me then she already knew, “I am not sure it was I,” I said, “But I have dreamless sleeps, and a restless soul, and it could have been me. But, I know what you are going through, I was taken from my home, then I too had people who made fun of me… So stop crying… You’ve got to get a hold of yourself Hera… Staying in this room, alone, only speaking to Jaina will make them have won… And my name,” I whispered softer, “Is Erifia Apoc.”

I squeezed her tightly around the shoulders, and I stood, Holding my head proud, strong, and wise. I am Erifia Apoc. I cannot hide it, I cannot run from it. Leuba Sapphire was my cover, but not when I was a Jedi, I was Erifia Apoc, I am Erifia Apoc.

- - - - - --- -- -

I stood up in a large room, holding both of my sabers glowing brightly. I looked at the others in the room, sabers all ignited, all of them young, ready and able. I wasn’t afraid. I tapped my feet impatiently as the hands holding the sabers tightened, and faltered, wanting to strike out, wanting to fight.

The soft glowing purple saber, and the white one, were back where they belonged, in my hand, prepared to fight. The hum, and the sparks coming from them, as they barely touched the floor registered how dangerous they actually were.

There were two other sabers, a red, and a yellow one. There is no use running from she who shall not be named, nor my past anymore. I ignited them, this was an advanced move, none of these silly, rash children had ever seen. One hand faltered, and the saber dropped, they were getting tired of waiting for me to attack.

I turned my head to the doorway. Reinforcements. I pointed, “You two are late. You have kept the entire class waiting. You have kept me waiting. Miss Solo, you and my no good Padawan are going to be my… Victims for the day…”

I tilted my head to the side, and I took a step back, as the two sabers on the floor ignited, me using my control of the force. They rose from the ground, the red and yellow brightly shining.

- End Transmission

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I just going to cry here! I knoew you were a softy.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Skywalker said...

There's my girl. I knew you still had it in ya.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Sounds like you're cranking it up a notch, Erifia. Do you need a hug?

6:33 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You're doing well, Erifia. I liked the part where you revealed who you are.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have killed you... Hurt you perhaps... but not killed you!

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home