Thursday, February 08, 2007

Jabim: Part 9 (Erifia)

The bacta had engulfed me again. Pain flooded my body. I screamed. Not for any other reason that procuring help. I needed it. I felt so alone, in the bacta. The scream came out as bubbles.

I tried to move my lower body, but nothing came from it, I started to cry. It was frustrating. I closed my eyes again so I would think I was safely. I would convince myself.

I wish I could be on my ship, listening to Becca say, “I don’t know.” And Tatooine leaping on my lap, and being overly affectionate. Being at the temple, dealing with Anakin, and Obi-Wan… NandeHi taking care of me while my neck healed. I feel so alone…

I am so alone… I want to be home…

When my eyes opened the next time, I felt better. I moved my legs, and wiggled my fingers. I marveled at me moving my fingers, even in the bubbling bacta.

I wiggled my toes. It felt good. I smiled, and I let my eyes close in relief. I bent at my waist. I ripped the sensors off of my body so they would come and get me. When they saw me moving, they released the bacta.

I tried to stand on my legs, I fell down to my knees. I used my arms to crawl out of the bacta tank. Deadweight was there waiting for me. He helped me up. The men were there. All of them safe; that was my primary mission.

They laid me on a bed, and I rose, there were no words exchanged between us.

“I want to go home,” I said, “I want to go home. Get the men ready, we are going home.”

I worked my way to the transport ship, alone. Once I was there, I slumped down in the captain’s seat. I felt so broken, so ragged. I didn’t want to do anything anymore. I wish that I was normal. I wish I could have a family.

“Tri’lek,” Deadweight said, “You never said anything about the kiss.”

I looked away from him.

“I see,” he said.

“No, please… I just… I just don’t know. I don’t know.”

He smiled faintly at me, “Okay, Erifia,” he said, “The men are here, we are loading up. We want to go home too.”

I nodded, I have no idea why I am so sad, so upset, so happy, so unsure. When Deadweight entered next he told me the men were ready to go. He sat down next to me in the copilot seat.

He turned his body to me, and he grabbed my cheek, it wasn’t forceful, but he commanded my attention. He brought my lips to his, and took my lips again. I relaxed in his arms.

He hugged my gently, knowing my neck was still tender. I laid my head on his shoulder, and kicked the ship into auto-pilot. He wrapped his arm around my waist. He supported my weight.

“I take it you didn’t mind the kiss,” he said softly.

He wasn’t my first kiss, Obi-Wan was, but Obi-Wan didn’t want to be kissed, “You were my first kiss,” I whispered.

“That’s a shame.”

I felt his warmth. Was this happiness?

If you’ll excuse me, I’m not moving.

Hugs and Kisses,
Erifia Apoc

6 Comments:

Blogger Master Obi-Wan said...

You really must stop kissing people!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Jek Porkins said...

Don't be jealous Obi. You know you liked it when she kissed you. If you'd open your mind a bit maybe you would realize it.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Skywalker said...

OOOOO you got told, master. HA!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh come on, stop that, guys. We aren't supposed to go around kissing.
No that we dont want to...

10:17 PM  
Blogger cooltopten said...

A kiss a day keeps the dark side away :)

12:24 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Very romantic, Erifia!

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home